jenlar's adventure into excessive randomness: whatever's on my mind...

This is just a spot for my random musings on the things that I enjoy... family, friends, music, TV, pop culture, and all things Disney. I probably won't be doing any "deep thoughts" types of entries. It's all about having fun. Enjoy!

Monday, March 20, 2006

...and now I have two.

I always said that I'd never blog. Then I started a blog. Then I decided that one mainly-about-tv blog wasn't enough so I started another one here. I have no idea if anyone will ever read this blog but I'm gonna write it anyway.

Anyway, I'm jenlar. I am a Christian wife and stay at home homeschooling mom of two children. I am married to the coolest, smartest cutest guy ever, and he's also my very best friend. We met in 1994 and quickly became best friends and were married in 1997. That's 12 years of best-friendship. It doesn't get any better than this!

I spend a lot of time homeschooling my kids every day, using the Abeka curriculum. It's the best! It gives a great balance between reading and the other subjects and I don't have to make my own lesson plans, which saves a *lot* of time. We are also involved with a very busy, huge homeschool group in our area. We get together several times a week for playing, learning, celebrating, and field trips.

When I am not homeschooling, I absolutely love action movies (think: EXPLOSIONS!!!) and horror movies. I even enjoy the occasional romantic comedy if it comes highly recommended from a reliable source. I'm also a slave to some television shows, like CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, House MD, 24, Bones and Supernatural. I'm currently reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and rereading/listeneing to the audiobook of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I'm not currently doing a Bible study but my favorite ones are by Beth Moore.

What have I forgotten? Probably tons. But hey... I can make as many entries as I like!!!

No comments: